cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unattended Mode

LailaAl-Sheikh
Level 3
Hi 

I'm trying to run Process using unattended mode , which contains elements which are spied through Region Mode. It's running fine when we are running this using Control Room (Attended Mode), but not running in unattended mode for the element spied through region mode. Please suggest what settings are required to achieve this functionality.

Best Regards,

------------------------------
Laila Al-Sheikh
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Dave,
I make a logout through the login agent, and then I put a scheduler for running the process that I want to work in unattended mode, and shows me the following error: "Internal: failed to implement step 1 in the navigation phase 'ENTER BTN entry' on the 'login' page - handle is invalid", This error appeared on the element identified by region mode.

Laila Al-Sheikh

Just to make sure when you say:
"I make a logout through the login agent, and then I put a scheduler for running the process"

The schedule contains Log in - Login Agent. 

Also could you try enable screenshot for that EXception stage so you can see what happened with a screenshot. This will show you if the Screen resolution is off

Simon Andre Pedersen
Manager
PWC HK
Asia/Hong_Kong

Hi ,

Is your issue reolved?, Im also facing same issue, 

Issue : BOT is running fine from control room in attended mode but if i schedule it or trigger it from another VM via control room its getting faild at the step where the elements are spied in region mode.

My tried ways below
        1. Default Resolution is 1024 x 768, i tried running the process from control room via RDP login in attended mode by changing resolution to default in RDP display settings, it runs without any issues but fails again if i close the RSP.
        2. I tried to logout and login via login agent to if that works but im getting below errors while running login agent.
                    a). LOGOUT code is working fine but LOGIN code getting (refer screenshot 1 : login code error). Server was in Logged out mode.
                    b). I guess the Login agent is not running properly in my second server, it goes offline as soon as resource pc is turned off instead of going to Logged out mode like server 1. (Refer screenshot 2 : Resource PC Error).

Vinothkumar Rajamani

Hi Vinothkumar - it looks like you Login Agent is not working properly, maybe due to some config problem. When you run the Logout process what you should see is the Resource PC go offline temporarily and then come back online after around 30s. What should happen is that as Windows logs out, it closes all apps started by the user, and in the background the Login Agent service should recognise that the user is logged out and restart the Resource PC. But if the service isn't running or is not properly configured, then it won't be able to restart the Resource PC. When the machine reboots the service should start the Resource PC automatically.

Assuming you fix that, then the above conversation about resolution and session sis valid. If the 'runtime' resolution differs from the 'design time' resolution, then it's unlikely your surface automation will still work. And if you connect to the machine with RDP, then you will need to run logout/login to restore the Windows session for BP. Disconnecting from RDP has the effect of destroying the Windows desktop, leaving BP with nothing to 'see'.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism