cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Excel table using Blue Prism Process

sumire
Level 8

Hello,

The Excel file contains a table that reads another CSV file.
This CSV file has its contents updated daily at 1:00 AM.
I would like to update the contents of the table in this Excel file every morning with the latest contents.
Right now I am manually updating it by pressing the "Update" button on the Excel ribbon.
Can I do this with the Blue Prism process?
Please tell me how to do this.

------------------------------
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8

Hello @sumire 

The latest version of MS Excel VBO on Dx should have actions that do what you want. I havent downloeaded yet and simply create a new action with the code one of the mvp shared (I had one but two lines of code wasnt as fancy as his code), you can see the thread here https://community.blueprism.com/t5/Product-Forum/Refresh-Pivot-tables/m-p/54710#M9187 

Hope it helps you as it help me

Regards

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

Hello @Daniel_Sanhueza ,

I downloaded new MS Excel VBO you recommended from DX and tried the "Refresh All" action on several files and got the expected results.
If a reliable VBO exists in DX, rather than creating the code stage myself, I would prefer to utilize that one.

Thank you!

Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8

Glad it help as expected 🙂 You're right, is always best to have a reliable VBO. But some devs cant import objects or releases due to restriction by user roles on the environment where they're working (as my case) they can create that action by themselfs and test it :).

Regards

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte