cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue regarding "Get worksheet as a collection"

weiwang
Level 2
Hi, 
Recently, I have been learning the blue prism, Right now, I 'm having a question regarding the collection, hope someone could help me. 
The problem is about "action", when I am using the "get worksheet as a collection", I got an error  "Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field Percentage ".
36566.pngand then, according to someone told me I need to delete all the columns that defined in the collection, then I got the error "Internal : The field 'Percentage' doesn't exist within this collection"
36567.png
Right now, I am stuck on this process. I cannot input the data from Excel file to the collection. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this process? 

6 REPLIES 6

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi Wei wang, 

Can you delete the pre defined collection and try to create a new collection from the "Get Worksheet as collection" action output - Store in section that stores the excel worksheet data. 

Thanks,
Srihari

Hi Wei,

If you are moving data from a worksheet into a collection the fields need to match accurately to the collection. They can be less but they cannot exceed in any way.

For example.
Worksheet headers

Name, Number, Percentage, Date, 

Collection Headers
Name, Number, percentage, Date

This would fail as the collection header does not match as they are case sensitive and are impacted by trailing spaces.

Collection 2 Headers
Name, Number, Percentage, Date, Time

This would pass and 5 of the 6 fields would be populated.

1 way to do this is as Srihari suggested and remove all fields from the internal collection. You can then map them out once you have imported the worksheet once.

Or you can copy and paste the headers directly from the worksheet into the collection.

Also be careful of columns that are 'empty' but are not cleared, they can still be imported so remember to ensure the columns directly to the right have been deleted before saving.

Best Regards,

Ronan

Ronan Considine Senior Business Analyst Blue Prism

weiwang
Level 2
  Hi. Srihari & Ronan
First of all, thank you for helping me 
I did what you suggested, unfortunately, it doesn't work, still has the same error.  If I just use the output of "Get Worksheet as Collection '' to create a Students collection without any specific predefined columns, the error of  "Internal : Internal : The field 'Percentage' doesn't exist within this collection " pops up.   If I define columns (Name, Percentage, Grade) in the Students collection, the error "Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field Percentage " still happens.  
So, I don't know what's wrong with this process.

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi Wei wang,

Can you please Re-share the two pictures that you have uploaded in the first post if possible, as the two pictures are can not be visible.

Thanks,
Srihari

weiwang
Level 2
Hi, Srihari 
36564.png
36565.png  I uploaded the pics again, please have a look. 
And, as matter of fact, the problem was solved, I created an Excel file again, and like Ronan said, the heading of columns needs to be very carefully. 
Thank you guys anyway !  

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi , 

Good to know that your issue get resolved and thanks for re-sharing the screenshots again.

Thanks,
Srihari