cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login to rabbitmq management screen

AllanNicolas
Level 3
Hi.

Am trying to follow the install document for Decipher and am stuck. I'm unable to login to the rabbitmq management screen.

I have BP 6.9 installed in a BP server connected to a SQL server hosting blueprismdb

I then have another machine where I installed all of the following: Decipher Licensing Server, Decipher Server, Decipher clients Server, Decipher web server, SQL server hosting decipherdb. Note that my overall setup involves 2 different sql servers (not that this is pertinent to my question)

All of the services are running (including the RabbitMQ service).

I open a browser and enter http://localhost:15672 as it states in the install doc ... and cannot connect. It says site can't be reached. Localhost refused to connect.

What setup am I missing?

------------------------------
Allan Nicolas
Enterprise Wide Application Manager
Sanmina
America/Vancouver
5 REPLIES 5

PaulBranson
Staff
Staff
Hi Allan,

Looks like you just need to enable the RabbitMQ Management Console, which is not enabled by default.  To do so, just open the RabbitMQ command prompt (which you'll find in your start menu) and run this: 

rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management

Restart the RabbitMQ and try your URL again.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Branson
Sr. Solution Engineer
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply ...

C:\Program Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.8.2\sbin>rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
Enabling plugins on node rabbit@sjc1amdevdidp:
rabbitmq_management
The following plugins have been configured:
rabbitmq_management
rabbitmq_management_agent
rabbitmq_web_dispatch
Applying plugin configuration to rabbit@sjc1amdevdidp...
Plugin configuration unchanged.

C:\Program Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.8.2\sbin>

I then restated the RabbitMQ service ... it is now running ... however I still am unable to connect ... I went ahead and rebooted the server as well .. still cannot connect.

What else should I try?

Allan Nicolas
Sanmina
America/Vancouver

Hi Allan,

Interesting that you're not able to after it says it was enabled.  Couple questions:

• I assume you're still trying from the VM that you have Decipher installed on (aka not remote and running into a network config)
  • Have you tried http://<server name>:15672 ?
  • Is it giving the same error, or something different?  Anything in Event Viewer that may provide some clues?
Regards,
Paul

Paul Branson
Sr. Solution Engineer
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Paul,

I got it to work ... and it works for both localhost and <hostname>

I basically had to destroy my environment and reinstalled all of the decipher components.

The main difference (for anyone suffering the same issue) is that I created the decipher database in the same sql server as the existing blueprism database. The installation documentation was confusing on this point (having mentioned the need to install sqlexpress; which is not needed if we already have sql server being used by blue prism).

I would recommend for someone to modify the install doc and mention the need to execute rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management.

thanks

Allan Nicolas
Sanmina
America/Vancouver

Belated thanks for the information you provided Allan.  I've made a request to update the documentation to make the database options more clear and add how to enable the management console.  You shouldn't have to have the databases on the same machine so I'll have to figure out what communication is happening that was blocked in your case.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Branson
Sr. Solution Engineer
Blue Prism
America/New_York