cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism Hub Installation

Hi,

I was trying to install BP version 7 hub and it's failing at the below step. What could be the possible reasons for it?

Note - I have already installed Blue Prism, SQL server, .net framework, Erlang, Rabbit MQ, IIS, certificates which were the pre-requisites for installing the hub.

33061.png

------------------------------
Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte
2 REPLIES 2

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Manpreet,

There are two possible causes,

1. You did not specify the SQL Server instance name correctly. You would need to check your SQL Server configuration to find the most appropriate value for "Please select SQL Server" dropdown.
  2. Your logged-in user account cannot connect to the SQL Server instance using Windows Authentication method.
Also, please ensure whichever account you use, it has proper permissions to the local SQL Server instance. For details, please see "Minimum SQL permissions" section at https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/hub-interact/4-5/en-us/installation/install-hub-software.htm?tocpath=Hub%7CInstalling%20Hub%7C_____5

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5

Hi Manpreet,

I believe you are doing configuration in your local machine. Try to do below steps :

1. Start the SQL browser service and change the type to automatic, if you are not able to start it change logon type of service to local machine or give the correct credential.
2. Change the TCP port in Configuration manager to 1433 and in place of Ip3 Address give your machine IP address, see attached photos for the reference. Its the basic configuration for SQL express in local machine.

Abhishek Kumar