cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation exercise 11.1.12 HELP!

LaurenMargetson
Level 2
Hi,

I am undertaking the Foundation Course and having a problem with Exercise 11.1.12 of the consolidation exercises. I have managed to map out the process to get into centrix data solutions and navigate to the orders menu but I cannot get the data obtained from the CSV file is in the work queue into the order screen of Centrix. My input orders is in business object and I have created an action linking to it in the process.

Any guidance would be appreciated!! 

Thank you

------------------------------
Lauren Margetson
HR Business Manager
ARVATO
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

GeoffreyWignall
Level 2
Hi Lauren
You need to pass the data down from the process to the object, so that it can be put into the application.
In your object, open the Start item, and add the data items you need.
In your process, if you open the calling action, you will see space to put the data on the Inputs tab.
Hope that helps
Geoff

Geoffrey Wignall
Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
Europe/London

Hi Lauren/George

In relation to the original question, If Data from a CSV is loaded into a Collection Item (and the data is then seen under the "Current Values" tab within the Collection Properties") does this mean that the Fields do not need to be added manually?. 

Because when I try to add a field in Collection Properties (to ensure that the value can be passed to the object in the Inputs section of the Action properties (when calling the object), I get an error:

"An error occurred while trying to save a collection field. The field "Field Name" already exists in this collection definition".

Attached are some images. 

Mohit Rajput

Hi Mohit,

When reading data from Excel or a csv file, it is not necessary to define the Collection field (column) names during design. This is known as an Undefined Collection which you will learn more about if you continue to follow the Developer Certification Path after completing Foundation Training.

For Foundation Training, it is much easier to define the Collection field names during design. These field names will need to exactly match the header row column names in the Orders.csv file.

If you decide to work with an Undefined Collection instead, you will need to use the dot notation when referencing the row field in other Stages in your process. An example of dot notation is [Collection Name.Field Name]

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Blue Prism Team

I used undefined Collection to store data from .csv file to be loaded into Queue. Later when I process the queue, I extracted the Order reference number from pop-up message as instructed in Section 1.1.11 - " Retrieve the order number from the screen & click ok". 
Should this extracted order reference numbers be added to the queue as a new additional field for each row that is processed? The only reference to order reference number i found was in section 1.1.12 on page 14 of the consolidation exercise guide - step 8 " Get the order reference number"
When I tried to add this data to the queue by using set data as shown in section 9 - work queue videos, i get below error.
32032.pngI understood that this error is because while creating queue I have added data from csv to the queue using undefined collection. And the csv file doesn't have field for order reference number, so does the queue.
when i try to add this new field in collection that is used for creating queue, it throws error that it cannot find other field names in the collection. The new field " Order ref Number " i am trying to append seems to overwrite the other data fields coming to the collection (undefined) from csv file.

Now I defined all fields(including new field - order ref number) from csv file into collection without specifying initial values as shown below. The items have been added to queue. Is there any way to check if the new field (which will be updated with values later during processing) is added to the queue?

32033.png 
32035.png 
32036.png

Snigdha Sannapureddy

Even after adding the new field- order ref number into collection that inputs data into queue, I still face same error:
32037.pngThe item that is accessed from the queue during processing doesn't have the new field though.
32038.png

Snigdha Sannapureddy