cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cerner FHIR API Call using OAuth 2.0 (Client Credentials) - Get Token

SrikanthP
Level 2
Hi all, 
I am facing a challenge is getting a token from Cerner FHIR. I have followed the instructions as per Blue Prism recommendation and still facing some issues with the config. I have attached the settings within Blue prism. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
Srikanth P
1 REPLY 1

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Srikanth,

It seems to me that you are trying to retrieve the access token by defining the OAuth2.0 request and response manually. It is doable, but please consider the following:

• You do not need Content-Type header under Common Headers as well as Request > Headers. You just need one of them.
  • You should set Common Authentication section to use "None", since you have opted to manually define the OAuth 2.0 request.
Unfortunately I do not have the access myself to test this for you. But the above are two most obvious issues I can find.

That aside, have you considered using Common Authentication alone to achieve what you need? It is not entirely necessary to manually craft OAuth 2.0 request and response. The easiest way to get OAuth 2.0 to work is by using Common Authentication section. In this way, you do not expose access token, it is automatically done for you by the calling requests defined under the Web API Service section. Neither do you need to worry about any possible access token expiration or renewral, which in your case, will require a lot of manual workaround if this is applicable.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney