cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Except Browser mode, none of the spy modes are working in Edge

PhanindraSompal
Level 3
Hi All,

I am facing issues in Browser automation (Edge). I been able to spy the elements only using browser mode and when I try to spy elements using any other spy modes then Blueprism gets crashed automatically. It would be really helpful if I get any help on this. 

Blueprism Version - 6.10.1
Browser Extension - 6.10.1
Manifest Version - MV3

Enabled required options in Edge. Below snapshots for reference.
30548.png
30549.png
Enabled Browser Extension Connectivity in Blueprism
30550.png

Regards,
Phanindra.S

------------------------------
Phanindra Sompalle
Application development senior analyst
Hexaware
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi,

After upgrading to 6.10.5 version, the issues which we were facing has been resolved.

Regards,
Phanindra.S

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi Phanindra,

Have you added the force renderer switch?  See BP Documentation here:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox-uia.htm?TocPath=Guides%7CChrome%2C%20Edge%2C%20and%20Firefox%20integration%7C_____5

Diane Sanzone

Hi Diane,

Yes, I have added force renderer switch but it's not working. I can be able to spy elements only with Browser mode but if try to spy with other modes like win32, UIA & Region modes then Blueprism gets crashed. Below snapshot for reference.
30487.png

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London

Hi Phanindra,

That is a conundrum.  Since Blue Prism is crashing completely it could be any number of things.  I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the  browser extension. I assume this is Edge only, correct? Have you tried Chrome and/or Firefox to see if all the Chromium based browsers crash?  Also, give it a try without the fixed port. I'm currently on 7.1.1 so I don't have that option anymore, but I think I remember it being troublesome so we always disabled it.  If neither of those work, I would recommend looking at the application logs on your system for a clue to the source.  If nothing stands out as a cause that you can readily fix, perhaps a ticket to BP support would be in order.

Good luck.

Diane Sanzone

Hi Diane,

Thank so much for your response.

I couldn't be able to test on Chrome/Firefox as these applications are not installed on my machine. I performed uninstalling and reinstalling the Edge browser extension, disabling/enabling the fixed port but nothing worked. I had gone through all the application logs but not able to find the exact issue. I had raised ticket to BP support on this. we've been working on this issue and from last 3 months and tried all possible options, but not been able to resolve or identify the exact issue.

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London

Hi Phanindra,

I'm so sorry you're stuck like that.  One other crazy thing that might help.  I'm assuming you've tried this with multiple websites, but I would double check your modeller setting and if the website is opening in IE mode or standard edge mode.  If you're not familiar, here are some things to check:

1. Open Edge and go to edge://compat - this will show you a list of websites that are set to open in IE mode. it's usually used for legacy applications that don't support the newer browsers yet.  If your site appears in the list, your modeller needs to be set to use Internet Explorer, not "chromium based browsers" or it won't function correctly
2. Open the website in edge - if there's an internet explorer "e" by the security lock icon in the URL bar, this also indicates the site is opening in IE mode.  Same rules as #1 - you need to set your modeller to use IE mode
3. just otherwise generally compare to make sure your application type setting matches the site you're using. I know this is basic, but sometimes it's the "easy" things that get missed

I think that's all the ideas I have so far, but if I run into anything similar or that triggers something else you can try, I'll be sure to come back to this post and update.  Good luck!​

Diane Sanzone

Hi Diane,

I had tried all these options but no luck.

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London

Change the app model to external 64bit (if edge is 64 bit) or external 32bit. Don't use embedded. Also check that accessibility option have been enabled when launched by going to edge://accessibility most would be checked if launched correctly with --force-renderer-accessibility

Philip Deveau
Design Authority Lead
Sun Life
America/Toronto

Hi Philip,

When I try to spy the elements using Win32, UIA & Region modes after changing the app model to external 64 bit and checking the accessibility option but got the same issue (Blueprism crashed).

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London

Hi,

After upgrading to 6.10.5 version, the issues which we were facing has been resolved.

Regards,
Phanindra.S

Phanindra Sompalle
Hexaware
Europe/London