cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interaction with EPIC thick client

ToshinobuNakamu
Level 2

EPIC system becomes unresponsive when the virtual worker tries to process multiple records in EPIC (Equivalent to queue items in BP work queue) consecutively. As a temporary solution, the virtual worker currently login to EPIC & logout of EPIC for each record, which is redundant and might not be sustainable in the long run.

Therefore, we wish to find a solution that enables it to process multiple records without EPIC login/logout action. If you happen to know this kind of issue happened to EPIC or any other desktop applications and know any way round it, I would appreciate if you can share your knowledge.

------------------------------
Toshinobu Nakamura
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Toshinobu Nakamura,

I'm not familiar with the EPIC client, but is it designed to work with multiple records at one time? What is the run-mode setting of your VBO that contains the Application Model for the EPIC client?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

MayurJadhav
Level 2
Hi Toshinobu,

I have experience working with EPIC thick client application and some of the process that we developed for EPIC runs 24*7 and did not came across any unresponsive issue.
I would suggest to make proper use of intelligent wait stage to validate if you are in correct page, activate and global send keys to keep the application active, I also observed use of global send keys has more success rate then using write stage, as some elements are designed to accept characters one at a time where as write state sets the field value rather than typing characters into it. 

Thanks
Mayur

Mayur Jadhav
Softeware Engineer
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Hi @Toshinobu Nakamura,

I also worked with EPIC portal in past but the automation was performed fully in citrix environment and it was 24*7 bot. Did you observe any pattern to check during what step, the system is going unresponsive?

Sometimes, depending on the spying mode used and the interaction of Blue Prism and Application takes time and the delay can cause the unresponsiveness. ​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte
*If you find this post helpful mark it as Best Answer