cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region mode image spying fails due to resolution change

HarithaChekuri
Level 3
Hi Team,

My bot fails when run in different machines due to screen resolution issue. 
Used region mode image spying for identifying a checkbox which is not editable usually in image format.
I tried using Adobe, excel, word, notepad, but couldn't get any solution how to capture checkbox from pdf.

We can change screen resolution on prod machine but need a long term Solution which can overcome change in screen resolution from machine to machine.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to capture checkbox.

Thanks,
Haritha

------------------------------
Haritha Chekuri
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @HarithaChekuri,

I understand that it's a pain to keep on changing the screen resolution on prod machine. Did you try appending a solution within code which automatically changes the screen resolution before checking for the checkbox and later on, reverts back the screen resolution post completion of the process. In this way, there is no need to manually update it. We have implemented a similar solution for one of our client and it worked really well.​

Ritansh Jatwani
Manager
Deloitte
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @HarithaChekuri,

I understand that it's a pain to keep on changing the screen resolution on prod machine. Did you try appending a solution within code which automatically changes the screen resolution before checking for the checkbox and later on, reverts back the screen resolution post completion of the process. In this way, there is no need to manually update it. We have implemented a similar solution for one of our client and it worked really well.​

Ritansh Jatwani
Manager
Deloitte
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

To add on to this suggestion, my organization does the same thing.  We also do a resolution check at the start of our processes to ensure the resolution is correct, if it isn't we throw an exception so our operations team can set the resolution to our standard setting.

Matt Fry
RPA Developer
Huntington National Bank
America/New_York

Hi,

To add to the above, we have a small process that sets the resolution to the setting we require for running our processes. Prior to running our processes, we run this small process and can always be sure the resolution is ok. Running the small process can be arranged in scheduling, so no adjustments to our processes are required.

Manually setting the resolution and hoping it sticks is no guarantee that is does stick. We run our processes on VDI's and any maintenance on any VDI may result in the settings messed up.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

please see if below thread is helping you in one way or another.

https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/how-to-set-screen-resolution-while-using-scheduler-login-agent#bmd599ec3f-913b-4136-a85c-9c8a76a51e9a

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect