cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Windows Task Bar

AntonioPerez
Level 2

Hello,

I have the requirements to get a screenshot but with the mouse over the windows bar, in the calendar to show date and time.

I am trying to create a BO to the windows bar, with "Explorer" but always get an error, and I have no idea how to continue.Any idea?

Blueprism 6.10.1

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Antonio,

While "Explorer" is correct for the program, that is a base program for Windows and covers a lot of functionality. I believe it will be best in your case to either grab a full screen screenshot after using surface automation to point and click on where you need to go. Automating "Explore" will be much harder to do for a simple task such as this one. 

Please follow this link on more information about Surface automation.

Support Center | Blue Prism Portal

Thank you

Hi @Antonio Perez ,

For your use case, I want to check if hover is the only option, or would it be fine if you can click as well on the System Clock tray button. As achieving the later can be comparatively easier.
You can create a new business object for the same with process name as 'explorer' and make it an attachable object rather than a launchable one as shown below:

35379.png

Post this, you can spy an element with the following attributes in AA (Active Accessibility) mode:

35380.png

TIP: If you are not able to spy element use 'Application Navigator' functionality to get the corresponding element.

You can then use a Navigate stage and simply use Global Click Center action in it to display the same on the screen:

35381.png

Another approach can also be to use a Navigate stage on the taskbar window altogether and then use the Global Send Key Events function to execute the following shortcut: Win+ALT+D

The Blue Prism equivalent send key notation for this would be: <{LWin}<{ALT}d>{ALT}>{LWin}>

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

------------------------------

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com