cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding Formula in Excel VBO Set Cell Value

NicolasSahli
Level 3

Hello 

I have encountered an error when inserting a "SUBTOTAL" formula in an Excel sheet.

If I use the formula for example "=SUBTOTAL(9;Q1:Q10)" i get following Error:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

If I use a "SUM(Q1:Q10)" formula it works perfectly

I need the SUBTOTAL formula since its applied on a filtered excel sheet.

Anyone knows a solution to this or another way to get this formula to the cell needed?

Thank you!

2 BEST ANSWERS

Best Answers

Hi @NicolasSahli , I guess you wrote the wrong formula for subtotal. It should be "=SUBTOTAL(9,Q1:Q10)". You have used semicolon ; instead of comma ,

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

View answer in original post

MichealCharron
Level 7

@NicolasSahli 

I'm guessing that the region format that your system is set to has ";" as your list separator. Unfortunately, as @_Amlansahoo has pointed out,  you will have to use "," as your parameter separator when passing formula's through the actions. It will show up as ";" once it gets into the cell.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @NicolasSahli , I guess you wrote the wrong formula for subtotal. It should be "=SUBTOTAL(9,Q1:Q10)". You have used semicolon ; instead of comma ,

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

MichealCharron
Level 7

@NicolasSahli 

I'm guessing that the region format that your system is set to has ";" as your list separator. Unfortunately, as @_Amlansahoo has pointed out,  you will have to use "," as your parameter separator when passing formula's through the actions. It will show up as ";" once it gets into the cell.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada