cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search environment variables starting from fixed string in process

NehaOza
Level 3
Hi,

I am looking any VBO to search environment variable through wild card character like below

I am creating EOD report as shared process, which takes from, to, process name as start up parameters.
In process based on process name input parameter passed, find Environment Variables related to that process

Lets say, 
Process Name : MyProcess

Environment Variables present:
MyProcess_FileName
MyProcess_FilePath

In process, search EV starting from "MyProcess_*" 

Is there any way to do this through existing VBO or any other way

1 REPLY 1

Hi Neha,

As far as I know, there is no VBO built which can do that for you and also you can't access the list of environment variables from Command Line where you can only create and delete the environment variable.

But I can suggest that if you have the access to the back end database SQL Server, then you can create a custom business object or a process which can use the SQL Server VBO and try to use the following query:

SELECT [name]FROM [Blue Prism].[dbo].[BPAEnvironmentVar]WHERE [name] LIKE '%MyProcess_%'

This query will fetch the names from the BPAEnvironmentVar table which can retrieve all the process names for you. Below is a sample query snippet for your reference.

36965.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com