cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershell VBO suddenly not working?

Fran.Woodcock
Level 4

Hi, I downloaded the Powershell VBO yesterday and inputted my PS file path that contains the code.  It worked yesterday, but I've come to run it today and nothing is happening. I have checked that the file exists and it does, I haven't changed the code. I literally came in this morning and ran it without making any changes...

My code is set to access an excel file and copy the file in to a C: drive. This is how I have set the Action up with the data item with the file path in:

8078.png

I don't know what the issue is as the guide to the VBO suggests that not all the inputs need to have content.  I have no outputs as the activity is contained within the Powershell code:

8079.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fran

------------------------------
Fran Woodcock
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

You don't need the quote marks in your data item. Quotes are only needed in expressions to indicate text.

Also, I suspect (although don't know for sure) that you should provide an input for the path to a .ps1 file or one for a chunk of PowerShell code, but not both as s you've done in the screenshot. So provide the PowerShell Script Filename input or PowerShell Script Code, but not both.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Thanks John, not sure what I was thinking...

It now works 🙂

Fran

Fran Woodcock