cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Restart

MickJiulamer
Level 2

Currently, whenever we restart our machines, we have to manually bring up resources. How can I automate this process to speed up and improve efficiency? What would be the best practice?

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

I faced similar issues before. One suggestion is to use the execution of a script to initialize the RR. You can schedule this in the Windows Scheduler to start along with the system.
You can use the following command in CMD: "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

Or a PowerShell script:
echo createobject("shell.application").shellexecute "cmd.exe",,,"runas",1 > runas.vbs & start /wait runas.vbs & del /f runas.vbs "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

This will help automate the initialization process, ensuring a smoother transition after server updates and minimizing the need for manual intervention.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

I faced similar issues before. One suggestion is to use the execution of a script to initialize the RR. You can schedule this in the Windows Scheduler to start along with the system.
You can use the following command in CMD: "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

Or a PowerShell script:
echo createobject("shell.application").shellexecute "cmd.exe",,,"runas",1 > runas.vbs & start /wait runas.vbs & del /f runas.vbs "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

This will help automate the initialization process, ensuring a smoother transition after server updates and minimizing the need for manual intervention.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]