cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.0 REST API support for running login process

MortenMeiling
Level 2
Hello!

I have a problem running the login process against a machine running the Login Agent. I get the following error from the API: "Resource <id> is unavailable because it has a status of LoggedOut.". This seems to me to be an error? The machine is supposed to have that state prior to running the login process?
I can drag the login process to the machine and run it easily enough from the application - but I get this error when trying via the API. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Neel1
MVP
Hello Morten - you are right that when machine has a state Logged out and Login process of Login agent is ideal way to make the machine online. This is daily routine task for most automation..
for the API - how exactly you are trying and on what version on Blue prism?

MortenMeiling
Level 2
Hello Neeraj

Thanks for the answer. I am creating a system that can login in to the machines and run processes. To login, I have to be able to run the login process on the machine when it has the state "LoggedOut" since that is the appropriate time to call login. This works fine from the "Control" section of the Blue Prism software, and it also works fine using an AutomateC.exe call. But it seems to me that a wrong check has simply been implemented in the REST API since it denies creating a session in this case. I would speculate that some extra check like resourceStatus==Idle or something has been implemented in some layer of the API, and that this is simply a mistake...

EDIT: the exact version of Blue Prism is 7.1.1