cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A doubt in the Web Service document v5

TolaniJaiye-Tik
Level 4
Hi all, I have been studying the Web Service document v5 and I don't know if this sentence is an error or I'm failing to understand  Scenario 4 Runtime Resources (1, 2 & 3) are configured with two Business Objects (A & B). €œBusiness Object A€ requires a Foreground run mode, whereas €œBusiness Object B€ requires an exclusive run mode. In quick succession, Runtime Resources 1 and 2 receive 25 web service requests targeted at €œBusiness Object A€, and €œRuntime Resource 3€ receives 10 requests targeted at €œBusiness Object A€ and 10 requests targeted at €œBusiness Object B€. The requests specify that auto-initialization should be used. €œRuntime Resource 1€ attempts to create and start a session. It succeeds because there isn€™t already an active Exclusive run mode session on this Runtime Resource and because there is licensing capacity. The single session processes all 25 requests for €œBusiness Object A€ (Foreground). €œRuntime Resource 2€ attempts to create and start a session. It succeeds because there isn€™t already an active session, irrespective of run mode, on this Runtime Resource and because there is licensing capacity. The single session processes all 25 requests for €œBusiness Object B€ (Exclusive). Auto-initialisation allows the Business Objects in this scenario to have any run mode. €œRuntime Resource 3€ attempts to create and start a session. It succeeds because there isn€™t already an active session, irrespective of run mode, on this Runtime Resource and because there is licensing capacity. The single session processes 10 requests for €œBusiness Object A€ (Foreground) followed by 10 requests for €œBusiness Object B€ (Exclusive). Total Sessions: 3 Rejected Requests: None (excluding rejections due to licensing capacity) In this example use of auto-initialization when calling the Business Object web services allows for a mixture of run modes (including exclusive) to be concurrently received for processing by a single Runtime Resource. Please, can someone throw more light on the underlined sentence? my understanding is the single session should process all 25 requests for "Business Object A"(Foreground) as it only received requests for Business Object A or perhaps I am misunderstanding/misinterpreting this :(.  
2 REPLIES 2

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
Hi,   All 3 of your statements have incorrect situations. Before you start checking for WS and Runmodes, I suggest you check the working of run modes first. Open any object -> initialize page -> created by block -> double click -> information tab.  Gives definition of run modes. License considerations are always there (so lets take license count as the first limiting factor)If you have 1 RR, then (it can run background ones as many as you send it) or (it can run one exclusive) or (It can run 1 foreground and any background ones). (with license being the limiting factor). Bear in mind this is object, when you string objects together in a process, it can become very complicated and hence if you have 1 exclusive object/foregound being called, it would be better to have 1 RR per process. Specially because no developer keeps a track of objects being back ground or foreground etc. It is bit complicated, I suggest creating dummy objects with different run modes and try running (keep only 1 object call per process), it will give you an error when you encounter an incorrect scenario as per your cases. regards Ashish      

NagaNayudu
Level 3
Hi Tikolo, I'll the prob statement as based on the results mentioned.  Runtime Resources 1 and 2 each receive 25 web service requests targeted at “Business Object A” and “Business Object B”   HTH.