cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action "Get number of row" of MS Excel VBO extract data differtent

TranTuan
Level 3
I use the "get number of row" action of MS Excel but the results are different in the machine.
example : Runtime1 has 100 rows but runtime2 has 57 rows. (use the same one source code)
Can you suggest me solution for this issues ?

------------------------------
Tran Tuan
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Tran Tuan,

Ideally both of these results should be same. However, have you tried reading the data from your excel file in both machines and compare the collection data once. It might be the case that some blank rows or hidden rows (if uses) might be read in the first runtime resource which is the reason why you are getting more rows in first case. Let us know what rows you see in the data collection once when you use 'Get Worksheet As Collection' action in both machines.

You can show us the parameters as well you are using in the action for us to better troubleshoot the issue you are facing.​

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Hi Devneet Mohanty,

Thanks for support

I use one Excel file for get rows, I've tried it on other machines and they've all had the same results. but only machine 1 has a different result. I think the problem is the Excel software of that machine.

Tran Tuan

Hi @Tran Tuan,

Well glad to know that gives us a track of how things are going. It likely might be possible that some Office update might have happened recently which you can check with your Infra team.

My suggestion would be you can also see if reinstalling Excel on that machine helps us to resolve that issue?​

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,