cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Hoc stages and Components

PeteMarshall
Level 2
Hi anyone experienced issues with object pages opening as an Ad Hoc Test once you have stepped out of them under debug?  

I understand the requirement for ad hoc stages - to prevent multiple users accessing the same object but it seems the lock on the object is not being released once I step out of it.

Example: 

1. Step into object A (it is open for editing) 
  2. Step through and then exist the object
  3. Set next stage back
  4. Step into again - I get an adhoc stage.

No matter how long i wait - next time i go into object A It opens as an Ad Hoc Test.  Its really annoying and making a mess off my development can anyone tell me why this is happening (Azure deployment with SQL PAS)

This does not occur with a local deployment with say SQL Express on a laptop

------------------------------
Pete Marshall
Magician
South West Sigma Ltd
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
When you step into an object in studio you have effectively opened it for editing - similar to if you had opened it from the main studio screen.   The object will then remain locked to you until your Process disposes of it which will happen when you either reset the process or exit it.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Yes Indeed I am aware of this.

Whats troubling me is that you can go in and out of the object as often as you like and still be open for editing
What I am saying is that this is NOT occurring.  You go out of the object, back into the process layer than if you step back in it is an ad hoc test when it shouldn't be

Example
Process 1 in debug
Step into object 1 / page 1
Exit out of object 1 / page 1

go back to object 1 stage 1 / set next stage
step into object 1 / page 1
AD HOC TEST 

Pete Marshall
Magician
South West Sigma Ltd
Europe/London

Yeah - that does not sound right.  Sounds like the logic has been confused into thinking you are two users rather than one?!  

I presume it works as expected if you do not do the '3. Set next stage back' step in the actions you took.   In that step you were in the object,  where did you set the next stage - did you set it back in the process or was it still in the object?  I could imagine that stepping into an object and then setting net stage back in the process would fool the product - I always set next stage on the end stage of the object action and then stepped out cleanly.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Hei Pete,

Any way you solved this?

We have just migrated our workers and database to Azure and started experiencing similar behavior, so far only in test as Production is not yet migrated.

First time when action is stepped in editing is available and exits successfully, but when you use step-in and step through the second action for same object no editing is available.

And we observe this for all actions including BP utility vbo.

I think it is somehow linked to Azure SQL database.

Janis Pundurs
Tech Lead in RPA
DNB
Europe/London