cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on a offline resource

Quick question, is there any way to alert when a resource is offline? Sometimes, one of my resources went offline, and i have to launch it manually
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
6 REPLIES 6

BinaySingh
Level 2
Same requirement I have in another form, where I need to trigger email with running resources and process name at frequent time interval.    Please help.

JoshGray
Level 2
Also trying to find information related to this

FranklinApplega
Level 3
I addressed with a batch script running on the windows scheduler on the resource pc.  The script checks if Automate.exe is running on the machine using tasklist.  If it is not running, it re-launches the resource application. At a bare minimum, it brings the resource PC back online if automate crashes. @echo off tasklist | find /I /N ""Automate.exe"" >NUL 2>&1 set /A err=%ERRORLEVEL% if %err%==1 (   echo Automate has failed   START """" ""C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe"" /resourcepc /invisible /public /port 8181 /sso  ) ELSE (   echo Automate is running )

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You could also have bots occasionally ping a web server that tracks keep-alive messages, then have that throw an alert if it's been too long since the last check-in. None of this is OOB though.

Franklin - I have a scheduled task in task scheduler to run Automate.Exe command and will trigger at log on of that virtual machine. Sometimes it is not triggering so machine went to offline. I have executed your batch script but it is not working so can you help me. Task Name - BPRuntime  Trigger - At Log On  Action - C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe"" /resourcepc /invisible /public

------------------------------
Arunkumar Manoharan

Refer to the original thread: https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/how-to-set-an-alert-when-bp-resource-goes-offline?ReturnUrl=%2fcontent%2fallrecentposts

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange