cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending/Updating Cred Entry

AshleighRobson
Level 2

Hello all,

I've been asked to update an old process of ours which resets and maintains the agent desktop log ins for the digital workers as we now work in a different way.

What I intend it to do is run on a schedule every Sunday morning.

• It will gather the machines credential (used to log on to the windows machine, stored in the credential manager)

• Check its own credential is valid and that it does not expire within the next 14 days (they currently last for 365 before needing a password change).

• If valid, and it does not expire within 2 weeks it will go to END
  • Otherwise, it will then need to reset the password
  • Update the vault accordingly with the new expiry date and password

If the credential requires updating I aim to use the existing code base to manipulate and change the passwords. But what I am asking is, can Blue Prism update the fields boxed in red in the attached image. If so, how do I go about doing that? Is it fairly simple?

22337.jpg

Thanks for any help

------------------------------
Ashleigh Robson
Automation Support Engineer
Virgin Media/O2
3 REPLIES 3

AshleighRobson
Level 2

Hello,

further context....

I will be using the basic VBO object "Credentials" for this piece. Is there a better version available.. or will this be enough to complete this task?

Ashleigh Robson
Automation Support Engineer
Virgin Media/O2

The Credentials object should do it, either with the 'Generate and Set action', or with 'Set' if you want to set a specific password.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Hello,

Verify this exemples: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/credentials---process-example

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil