cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application crashes when spying in UIA or AA

AlessandroDell1
Level 3
Hi, 
I am facing a problem while spying on google chrome. Basically, whenever I press ALT to change spying mode as soon as I reach UIA mode, Chrome crashes. I can re open it, but of course Chrome is not attached anymore ; so I have to start from scratch the spying operations leading always into this crash, Any help? It's quite stressful considering that most of the things I have to spy need UIA.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Alessandro, 

This seems like an issue that would require a ticket as we would need logs and other environment information to investigate why Chrome is crashing. I would advise that the best step for this is to open a support ticket using your portal access or by e-mailing support@blueprism.com. 

We advise using the portal to get faster response times so that we do not have to ask you for your information as we would already have it through your portal account. 

Thank you. 

LauraRajala
Level 2

Hi Alessandro,

We had the exact same problem and it started out of nowhere. The application modeller just started crashing chrome whenever we would change to UIA mode by pressing ALT. With everything else it worked fine. Dont know if this will help in your case, but we managed to fix it with re-registering the UI Automation DLL by running "regsvr32 UIAutomationcore.dll" and just in case also "regsvr32 OLEACC.DLL" in cmd.

Neel1
MVP
i am also facing this issue. when i press ALT to go UIA mode, Chrome is getting closed. i am in process of following @Laura Rajala Suggestion.

@SteveBoggs - can you try to share your expertise as well and create and publish  a support solution around this/​​​​