cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Notifications

WILLIAMLÚLIGO
Level 2
Hello everybody,
I need help, how can I automate notifications when the RPA stops the process and its state turn on "pending", we realize that situation when into the control room and I think there is a loss of continuity of the work from RPA.

Thanks

Best regards

William

------------------------------
WILLIAM LÚLIGO
3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi William,

In the process you can have a recover stage on the Main Page to catch whatever error wasn't caught before and will make the process terminate. This recovery stage can be tied to whatever you want to do if your process terminates. This could be sending an informatory email. 

I'm sure there's a lot you can have the Control Room do for you if the process terminates, but I reckon someone with more Control Room expertise would be more suitable than me to explain these featues.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hello William,

there might be some misunderstanding about the states in control room.

The state "pending" means that Blue prism app server is establishing the session and preparing the process to start. This should be a really temporary state.

If a scheduled process "freezes" in this state it is probably due to some connectivity issue (happened to us few times with version 6, so far we haven't encountered this with version 7).
Or if you want to start the process in the control room manually, it can hang there in the "pending" state for a long time if you forget to trigger the start.

There is no way that process session can return to this state once it has already started running. If the process freezes you should get "warning" state after a while, or it will just continue to appear as "running".

EDIT: typo
Stanislava Skřipská Tlustá

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

You might create automated notifications when there are pending sessions or you might want to try this VBO that should resolve the pending sessions state right away.
https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/pending-session-starter-vbo?_gl=1*1gzrzpm*_ga*MTM1NTUwOTMyNy4xNjczOTY0NDQw*_ga_MFBQ2KFZ1L*MTY3NDYzODU0MS4zLjEuMTY3NDYzOTMzOS4yOC4wLjA.&_ga=...
(This is how the URL looks like when sharing in DX)

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna