cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 6.10 : No error thrown when last row in table has reached in Chrome Browser

KishlaySingh
Level 5
Dear All,

We are upgrading the BP from 6.4 to 6.10.

However, we have noticed that when we are reading a table in chrome using Web Path, bot will not throw error even if the last row in table has reached in BP 6.10 but it will throw error in BP 6.4 once it has reached the last row.

The above behavior does not happen in IE. Bot will throw error once the last row has been reached in table for both 6.4 and 6.10.

Has anyone experienced the same after upgrade? 

Thank you
Best regards,

------------------------------
Kishlay Singh
Asia/Singapore
Kishlay Singh Senior Consultant UOB Singapore
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Kishaly,

Could you please check if that row may be present in backend which is not visible from front end.
That may be the reason Bot may not able to throw error.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi @_Amlansahoo,

Thank you for responding,

I am just wondering even if there is any row in backend, why BP 6.4 is throwing error but not in 6.10 when trying in the same web application.​

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore

Hi Kishlay,

I am not sure but if it is happening in chrome browser as you explained in 6.4 and 6.10 then it's an issue. But if it's not happening IE and happening in chrome, then Chrome interacts with Blue prism little differently compared to  IE. So That may be the cause.

I have attached an image for your reference which I tested chrome with a table and it's last row is 10. I have given it as 11 and it's throwing an error.
Teste BP version:- 7.1

/HTML[1]/BODY[1]/SECTION[1]/TABLE[1]/TBODY[1]/TR[11]/TD[1]

13854.png

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi @_Amlansahoo,

Strange that above scenario what you have shared is not happening in 6.10.

BP does not throw any error even if last row has been reached. I have put random number i.e. 1222 in Web path although table has only 10 records but still BP didn't threw any error. It just gave the output as blank value,

/HTML[1]/BODY[1]/FORM[1]/DIV[4]/DIV[3]/DIV[1]/DIV[2]/DIV[3]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[2]/DIV[1]/DIV[4]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/TABLE[1]/TBODY[1]/TR[2]/TD[1]/DIV[1]/DIV[1]/TABLE[1]/TBODY[1]/TR[1]/TD[1]/UL[8]/LI[1222]/A[1]

Seems like its a bug in 6.10 when it comes to chrome.

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore

Correct then It might be. I have not faced it yet. I will try to see in 6.10 if possible and let you know

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hello @KishlaySingh - When you are saying that it is throwing error in 6.4 not in 6.10 - did you tested at same time?
OR is it like the case that earlier it was working as expected in 6.4 and then you upgrade it to 6.10 and it is not working
in that case, may be there are changes done at application side.​

if this is not the case - then it is worth raising to BP support team.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi @Neeraj Kumar,

Thank you for your response,

I'm performing the testing simultaneously in BP 6.4 and BP 6.10 on the same application when reading the table but the behavior is different as I mentioned in the above posts.

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore

Hi Kishlay,

Could you please install trial version of any other later BP version and check if the issue exists or not.
In that way you can come to know if the issue is only related to that version or later version as well.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo