cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocker issues must be fixed in a patch release

Hi Blue Prism team,

This is a request to the Blue Prism team that if there is any Blocker issue please fix it in a patch release and within 10 -15 days of the recent release. Otherwise, it's difficult to change code everywhere as an workaround.
I have attached an image here just for reference, These kinds of issues must be addressed at the earliest otherwise how automation will move forward without this one? Like this, there are a lot of known issues that need to be fixed asap rather than us waiting for more than 2-3 months.
21035.pngIt's a suggestion.

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
2 REPLIES 2

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Amlan,

It is my assumption that the good folks at BP already do anything possible to publish bug fixes for any version as soon as possible. Anything else would divert customers to competitive players. 

The other obvious workaround for such problems escalating is not going for the latest version shortly  after GA. While this may sound boring, depending on your industry, finance in my case, this is the only viable option.

I have been working as a programmer with a popular type of IBM servers for over thirty years, and have yet to encounter a problem that was not fixed promptly and distributed against all versions still under active maintenance. That sort of service is quite unique in the IT branch where folks generally are reminded to upgrade to the 'latest and greatest' and all your problems are over since only there fixes are applied. 

In a previous thread, it was mentioned by BP that bugfixes may become available for older versions but the main target for this sort of emergency improvements remains the current and the future versions. 

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi Paul,

What we can do for this we can just ask Blue prism team so that they can improve. Other wise just ignore and apply work around :-)​

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo