cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism 7.1.1 Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled.

manishganapathy
Level 4

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm Blue Prism "7.1".

Blue Prism version: 7.1.1

Edge Version: 119.0.2151.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Overview: 

I am using edge for the automation. 

2 objects,

1. Object 1: Used to login to the website with 2 step email verification (works without any issues). I have this in a different object because I have 2 different processes which uses same login. 
  2. Object 2: Does the functional part. Which is having Attach issues when running from process. It always gives out the browser extension issue when the browser was launched from a different object. 

Have the below setting configured as well. 

28270.png

Why is this issue happening? Is there a necessity that the browser should be launched within the same object? 

------------------------------
Manish Ganapathy Subramanian Bharatwaj
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

What parameters does Object 2 use to attach? Can you try with just process name (msedge) and child index

John Carter
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

What parameters does Object 2 use to attach? Can you try with just process name (msedge) and child index

John Carter
Blue Prism

It works with just with process name and child index. But does not work with window title. 

Manish Ganapathy Subramanian Bharatwaj

OK as long as you can attach you should be fine. A VBO attaches to the whole of the Edge instance, not just a specific tab.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Hi John, I am also facing the same issue in Edge browser. I have tried to attach the edge browser with process name and child index but am getting the browser extension issue.  If I refresh the web browser manually, then Blue Prism is able to attach the edge. Could you please help me to resolve the attach issue ? I am using 7.1.1 version.

Thanks,

Chithra R

Hi Chithraramalingam  - does the problem occur if you step through slowly? I've had issues previously where the BluePrismMessagingHost is not quite ready, but the resulting error message confusingly mentions the browser extension. As an experiment, step through manually but don't attach until you can see BluePrismMessagingHost.exe in Task Manager.

If that works, try adding a Utility - Environment.Wait for Process step before you attach.

Thank you so much John! Yesterday, I removed the window title in Attach (Navigate) stage, and I forgot to remove the title in the Application Modeler. I think that's why the attach was not working yesterday. Now, the object is able to attach the edge browser with Process Name and Child index.

If I face any issue again, I will use the above method which one you suggested recently. 

Thank you so much once again!