Each activity  is taking too much time 
Mostly I m  using excel and collection 
Example : between  conditional operator Process is taking to much time   

I have disabled  all the logs already, Process was working fine earlier 

5 REPLIES 5

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Vineet,

As you may be aware, time is relative. What is too long might be totally acceptable for others.

Notably, XL into a collection works fine, but working with a collection with many rows/columns can be a problem for memory management.

Some questions:
  • What exact action is taking too much time according to you?
  • Assuming you are reading an XL into a Collection: How many rows does the XL have?
  • Also, it is not clear to me what this 'between  conditional operator' means. Can you add a print screen of the actions causing the delay?
  • If it was working fine earlier, what did change since then? Was there less XL data before?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

vineetkumar
Level 3
Hi ,

All Activity basically,  

we develop this process 2 years , earlier Process was working fine Process was taking around 30 minutes to complete.

majorly we are facing issue copy excel sheet ( now Process is taking more  then 1 hour to copy sheet 

MS Excel VBO  -- Move Work sheet  ( parameter A1: AJ4000)
MS Excel VBO  -- Copy and paste Work sheet Range ( parameter A1: AJ4000)

Note : For this process I have successfully completed  more then 100000 records.  Is Queue might be the reason for slowness. 

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Vineet,

1. The number of rows you quote, 4000, is not that large, but the number of columns, A:AJ, seems quite large to me. However, I would think this would mainly lead to memory problems.

2. Handling any XL with 100.000 rows and that many columns would definitely cause a memory problem while reading the XL to a collection. Then handling the collection with that many rows and columns might also pose a problem to performance and memory management.
    - Do you have the possibility to remove columns from the XL that are not being used?
    - Does it help if you split the process in two: one only reading the XL and putting them on the WorkQ, and the other process only reading from the WorkQ and processing these cases?

3. If you find the 'earlier' process to be running faster than the 'current', what are the differences between the two processes? Was functionality added or modified?

4. If you check the log for the process for a few cases, you should be able to establish what pages and stages therein are running slower than others.

5. If you happen to have saved a log from the 'earlier' process, you could even compare the two logs to see if you can find significant differences in performance for certain pages or stages. Once having established the cuprits, you can run in debug hoping to find the cause of their slow behavior. 

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

vineetkumar
Level 3

Hello @Paul JHM van Doorn​

scenario:

• I have  excel file   with multiple sheet  need to copy temp another excel file, 
  • using  move worksheet VBO  --  taking 20-30 min to copy worksheet 

Please help me  to find  the solution.

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi V,

That certainly sounds like there's too much data for BP's comfort. Have a look at OLEDB to interact with XL. It is much faster and uses less memory. I am told that there are some new actions in the DX object for Excel that greatly improve speed. See also this thread for the same issue.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden