cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Desktop

PraveenKumarC
Level 4

Hi,

I have a scenario where bot launches a web application(Utility - Env -> Start Process) using BPD and then user inputs login cred and then again BPD iterates through the input excel file till end of process.

In case of any exception with application, we have a retry logic in place where we are following below steps:

Approach 1:

Terminate -> Wait Few Seconds -> Start Process -> Attach to Application

Approach 2:

Detach -> Kill Edge -> Wait Few Seconds -> Start Process -> Attach to Application

in both ways, application is getting frozen after Start process and unable to interact to manually login into the system. We had to re-start the process once again from starting. 

Is there anyway User can get control over the browser whenever a login required while BPD process is running?

I know there are options to ask for login credentials from user and feed to process but wouldn't want in that way.

8 REPLIES 8

faheemsd
Level 6

Dear Praveen Kumar

Requesting you to try the below approach.

Terminate -> Kill process -> Wait Few Seconds -> Start Process -> Attach to Application

Hi,

I have tried your approach, but it didn't work.

Thanks for reply!

EmersonF
MVP

Dude, may I suggest a little "thinking outside the box"? Why not use Interact to receive this login information and continue with the normal flow? With the Blue Prism login app?
Or you can also use the code stage with MsgBox() waiting for the login information, convert to SHA2 or B64 to improve your security and follow the normal flow again

Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

We don't have the setup ready yet for interact and would like to explore if it is a bug/any other solution available within existing BPD on this issue. Thanks

PraveenKumarC
Level 4

Hi @ewilson 

Is there anything you can help here? this will be a genuine issue in case if we want to retry in any browser.

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@PraveenKumarC when you say the application is freezing after "Start Process" are you referring to the web application that you're launching? Is this application an actual Windows EXE or something running within a browser instance?

Launching the site URL in Edge browser using 'Start process' action, yes Edge is in non-responsive state when I try to Kill and re-launch again for the second time whereas it works fine and I can able to interact on edge browser for the first time with 'Start Process' action until I attach with the object I created to perform further actions which is totally fine.

harish.m
Level 12

Hi praveen,

Not sure whether you get chance to look into this article from josh Noble for attended automation.
I have implemented couple of attended automations in the past

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blue-prism-attended-automation-how-configure-desktop-triggers-noble/?trackingId=S2rscsGvScimbNbgJDAOeQ%3D%3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivnAo6nVA10

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]