cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Trial

MohammedShilbay
Level 4

Hi everyone

I'm Currently using Blue Prism learning edition and I want to install the Blue Prism trail ,

if I install it ,Will my work be deleted (processes and object) ?

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Mohammed,

If your new installation accepts the current version of SQL database then you can connect to the same database and all your artifacts will be retrieved. However, if during setting up the database configuration after installing the new client you are asked to upgrade the database version then all your work will be deleted. Hence, I would recommend you to either create a backup of your database from SQL server management studio application or you simply create a release file with all your dependencies such as processes, objects, queues, environment variables etc. I have elaborated further on the second approach in case a situation comes in where you need to upgrade your database or create a new database altogether.

NOTE: The below steps need to be performed before installing any new Blue Prism interactive client.

As long as you keep a proper back up of your process and objects, nothing will go wrong. I would suggest you to create a export of all your processes and objects as shown below:

35029.png

On the next window, select 'Create Adhoc Package' if you want to quickly create a release with a temporary package:

35030.png
Make sure you drag your processes and objects to the right hand side pane:

35031.png
NOTE: If you wish you can drag all the components here as well just instead of processes and objects if you want all other components to be migrated as well

Click on 'Next' and provide a suitable name and path for your bprelease file:

35032.png

Now, this release file will be created after some time:

35033.png

Whenever, you install the new Trial edition you can simply import this file which will ensure all your work remains intact.

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Mohammed,

If your new installation accepts the current version of SQL database then you can connect to the same database and all your artifacts will be retrieved. However, if during setting up the database configuration after installing the new client you are asked to upgrade the database version then all your work will be deleted. Hence, I would recommend you to either create a backup of your database from SQL server management studio application or you simply create a release file with all your dependencies such as processes, objects, queues, environment variables etc. I have elaborated further on the second approach in case a situation comes in where you need to upgrade your database or create a new database altogether.

NOTE: The below steps need to be performed before installing any new Blue Prism interactive client.

As long as you keep a proper back up of your process and objects, nothing will go wrong. I would suggest you to create a export of all your processes and objects as shown below:

35029.png

On the next window, select 'Create Adhoc Package' if you want to quickly create a release with a temporary package:

35030.png
Make sure you drag your processes and objects to the right hand side pane:

35031.png
NOTE: If you wish you can drag all the components here as well just instead of processes and objects if you want all other components to be migrated as well

Click on 'Next' and provide a suitable name and path for your bprelease file:

35032.png

Now, this release file will be created after some time:

35033.png

Whenever, you install the new Trial edition you can simply import this file which will ensure all your work remains intact.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com