cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.10.5 - Browser Mode issue / spying / attach?

AnthonyRichards
Level 2

I have been experiencing some issues recently with Browser Elements in Microsoft Edge.

Using BP 6.10.5 with 6.10.5 extension

Microsoft Edge 108.0.1462.76

The below is an example of a problem that I am having.

35815.png

The snippet is of a a report, each row has drop down arrow (dynamic Xpath) based on [Current Row] number incrementing.

Once each row is click, a popup is then clicked and a 'Microsoft Edge' Popup is then displayed.

35816.png

The popup is handled in a separate object.  once this has completed it will then continue to do each subsequent row.

My issues is after maybe the 2nd or 3rd (random) it will no longer find browser elements.. then it might pick back up again on row 5/6...  If I step into the object and open application Modeller, add a new element and click Identify, browser mode is first but highlights zero elements... as soon as I 'Alt' through the spying modes and get back to Browser Mode... the elements are all there. if I then cancel the spy and try to highlight the previous failed element, it highlights fine.

35817.png

During this there is only every 1 Edge browser open. This process has always worked and no changes to process/objects have been made.

Thanks

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Anthony,

Do you know whether any changes in the application BOT is interacting. Even small changes in the user interface might impact the bot depends on how it is spied earlier.

Also  give a try in another mode or play around the application model in Browser mode and compare the previous extracted attributes vs the current extracted attributes in application mode and see any difference between those two.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Anthony,

Instead of XPath try using Match Index as Dynamic parameter and pass the counter. XPath might differ for few rows an extra HMTL element might get added/deleted. Manually check with incrementing match index see if it helps.

Thanks,

Babjee Vangipurapu

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

SimonOrefici_Fr
Level 2

It could be that the XPath spying relies on visually existing elements - where as the CSS selectors also grabs "hidden" elements that exists in the DOM.
Sounds like something that could be solved with a unique dynamic incrementing CSS selector set in a data item.