cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism Desktop

SridurgaKothapa
Level 2
Is Blue prism Enterprise in mandatory for Blue prims desktop Or Can we use Blue prism Desktop with Blue prism learning edition?
3 REPLIES 3

ArunK_J
Level 4
​@Sridurga Kothapalli
For learning purposes and trying out Blue Prism(mentioned as BP hereafter) functionalities, BP learning edition with corresponding license would be enough. License for learning edition is valid for 90 days and the license file will be sent to you via E-mail by BP team once you download the learning edition of BP. Please note that certain VBOs will not be available by default when you open an Action stage. A number of VBOs are available in the path in which Blue prism is installed. You can import these as required. Please find the screenshot provided below for reference.
36552.png

Neel1
MVP
Hello @SridurgaKothapa - you can go through Q n A in AMA session for BPD.

https://community.blueprism.com/blogs/melanie-giuliani/2022/08/23/desktop-ask-us-anything

Tagging @robert.nicklin for comments.​​

Hello @SridurgaKothapa

Unfortunately Blue Prism Learning Edition does not allow connections from outside of the machine to work with the data held in the database - it's my understanding that because Blue Prism Desktop uses APIs to load data/orchestrate work, this would not be permitted.

You will likely need a formal install of Blue Prism Enterprise to allow this - my understanding is that access to those installers is not provided without having a full Blue Prism Enterprise license.

How this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Rob

Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England