cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Automation Issues 6.10

Lewis-Nield
Level 2
I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck using either Chrome or Firefox extensions on BP 6.10?

For both browsers the following is experienced: Browser is launched, BP goes into not responding state and then either of the two below errors are thrown within BP.

When no URL is provided for start page and browser is launched from file we get this when launching via application modeller:

" Error - Failed to launch application - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide."

The extension is correctly installed alongside the correct configurations in about:config for firefox.

When providing a URL start page we get:

"The process with an id -1 is not running."

Again the browser is launched alongside the URL but BP goes into not responding state and throws an error.

We have ensured our environment meets all pre requisites noted in the respective user guide including the correct version of browser/.NET Framework but we still encounter these errors.

I have raised with BP and discussions are ongoing, but I am interested to see how people have managed to get around this as we have built the majority of our objects against Firefox using browser mode to spy elements.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @RPA Dev,

Other than this there are lot of other issues are also there. For example if you launch browser manually and then try to attach and spy on it, it is not working. At Least these things are working in 6.4.2.

I don't know why blue prism is not improving thing for browser mode as they did for HTML. ​Why everytime we need to make changes to the code for each upgrade.

@Dave Morris Have you faced any of those. Really its frustrating with each release.​

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi @_Amlansahoo

Thanks for your reply.

We have taken the decision to downgrade back to version 6.5 that we were on previously where browser automation seemed stable.

I'd imagine we will be waiting for a next release of BP for the issues we have raised to be addressed.

Its a shame because we were looking at implementing Decipher IDP into our Development/Test environments with a view of getting it up and running in production, so this has been unfortunate for us.

I think we will hold fire on upgrading to the latest version next time, to allow time for any bugs etc to be ironed out.

I would be still interested to see if anyone has managed to get browser automation up and running in 6.10 though, as I will keep my sandbox set up with 6.10 to test any fixes as and when they are released.

RPA Dev

Hope they will look into our post. Also I would request you to please raise a bug also to Blue prism support team. In that way you may able to get a solution.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi,

Just want to let you know that we have managed to get Chrome automation to work in 6.10. Got the same error as OP when not specifying start URL, but no errors when start URL is specfied.

Christian Juhl
Business Controller
Danske Commodities
Europe/Copenhagen