cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar issues

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hello and happy new year! I am experimenting right now now with calendars in BluePrism, so I will be able to better schedule an design some automations. 1. Is it possible to design a new public calendar? I can't find a one that i need and I don't see anywhere an option to design a one by myself. i guess it's impossible, isn't it? 2. I can't exactly make Calendar work. Could you please look what I've did wrong? I have created a "Test calendar". I added an other holiday for 01.01.2018 I used action "is other holiday" from "Calendar" object, using input date as "01.01.2018", and "Test calendar" The result is "False", but should be "True" The same happens with "Is Working day" action. The "Count working days between dates" is not working properly too. Is there something I am overlooking, or is there an error hidden somewhere in blueprism? We're using version 5.0.24, but we're planning to update soon to version 6th. If there's a need then I can attach here a process+calendar that shows the error.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I have just done the exact same steps as your self but it worked fine for me.  I think the issue could be the format of your date input parameter, you seem to be passing through the text 01.01.2018?  Try using slaches instead of dots, or even better use the MakeDate function to pass through a valid date rather than passing text for a date field - i.e. MakeDate(01, 01, 2018)     As for your question about other public calanders, it is always worth searching the forum for previous threads before asking a question.  The issue was raised in the Ideas & Enhancements area here: https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/general-discussion/ideas-enhancements/blue-prism-calendar and someone raised a potential workaround.

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hi, I tried passing date both ways - from Data Item of ""Date"" format of from ""MakeDate()"" Function. I've checked everything again and if you're saying that it works for you, then I guess it must be some kind of bug in 5.0.24. As we're planning to upgrade soon, then I guess I'll check that in new version and come back then. I checked the forum beforehand and found this thread and tried the suggested solutions there. It's for adding ""other holidays"", not ""public holidays"", but the more I look at that the less difference i see between these two. Thanks for help!    

VeluruNeelakant
Level 2
Hi I am also facing the same issue while using the action ""Other Holidays"" in Calendars. I ensured the correct format is passed. It is able to get the other holidays in a range but it is unable to identify an individual date as ""Other Holiday"". Kindly help.