cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't spy Msedge "select a certificate for authentification"

philippeboutry
Level 4
Hi all, 

I'm testing Blueprism 6.8.1 with Msedge  91.0.864.53 and the blueprism browser extension 2.1.
With some efforts, i succeeded in spying the elements of my HTML application using "browser mode" but... 

The HTML application request a personnal security certificate. With Internet explorer, i got a popup "windows security" to choose the appropriate certificate. I used another specific BO to handle this windows Popup.. 

With MsEdge, i get a similar window ("select a certificate for authentification") but i'm not able to spy it.
Using the same BO, another BO, win mode, UIA, AA, Browser mode.  Nothing works.

Do you have any idea to : 
- how to spy this window?
- workaround ? I try to delete all certificates else one but the windows continue to appeared and ask to select the only certificate left.

Best regards

------------------------------
philippe boutry
Blueprism Solution designer
Aubay
Europe/Paris
3 REPLIES 3

mkumar407
Level 7
Hi,

Please try to create a new modeller (try with web/windows). Attach/activate to pop-up and then send key strokes. 
Hope this will help.

Manish Kumar

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem (using BP 6.10.1 & Edge 91.0.864.54).

So far the only thing that worked for me was having only one certificate and send Enter with global send keys.
But that is just a desperate workaround.

EDIT: So I finally got it!
I created extra object for the pop-up, with app model type "Windows Application".
The trick then is to attach to the original Edge window (name follows the pattern: [tab name]&"*Edge"), the pop-up is not actually a new window.
That way I could spy the elements with active accessibility mode.

Stanislava Tlustá

Thanks for the feed back you two.
This is my workaround : 
- launch Edge  (windows mode) and set an input with the application Url (to trigger the certificate window)
- with the same BO, use AA to select certificate and validate. 
- call another bo (Browser mode) to use html application

A bit tedious, i need to use match index to loop on the different certificate, read name value + instr but it works.

philippe boutry
Blueprism Solution designer
Aubay
Europe/Paris