cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change items marked in work queue

at392
Level 4

Hi, is it possible to change what items are marked as in a work queue once they have already been worked?

I have queue items which are business exceptions, and have been marked as an exception with the purple flag. I would like to change these to be marked as complete with a green tick instead and have the business exception set in the status.

When attempting to do this I get this error: 'Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object. 

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Alex Traynor : For items which are already worked in control room queue and are in Business Exception and you want to change it to completed Status but with Tag as Business Exception - Follow this : Go to Control Room > Select all queue items in the queue where you want to change the Business Exception to Completed Status and do a force retry on all of them - which will create a second instance of same item to pending state - You can simply get all the pending items from work queue by doing get next Item and create a temporary arrangement to mark all of these items as Completed + Assign Tags as Business Exception (Do get next time > Tag Item > Mark as Completed - this will do for your already worked items in the queue.

Temporary arrangement for worked items which are in exception and now have been done force retry to change its status from Exception to Pending - will look like this: 
35464.png

Going forward if you want these exception which are from business to be marked as completed but tagged as Business Exception :Throw the exception as business exception as you might be doing it already and just change the Mark Exception Page's logic where - when an exception is not Internal/System Exception i.e. Business Exception - Tag Item (with whatever Business Exception details you want ) -> Mark as Complete:

35465.png

------------------------------
Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Alex Traynor : For items which are already worked in control room queue and are in Business Exception and you want to change it to completed Status but with Tag as Business Exception - Follow this : Go to Control Room > Select all queue items in the queue where you want to change the Business Exception to Completed Status and do a force retry on all of them - which will create a second instance of same item to pending state - You can simply get all the pending items from work queue by doing get next Item and create a temporary arrangement to mark all of these items as Completed + Assign Tags as Business Exception (Do get next time > Tag Item > Mark as Completed - this will do for your already worked items in the queue.

Temporary arrangement for worked items which are in exception and now have been done force retry to change its status from Exception to Pending - will look like this: 
35464.png

Going forward if you want these exception which are from business to be marked as completed but tagged as Business Exception :Throw the exception as business exception as you might be doing it already and just change the Mark Exception Page's logic where - when an exception is not Internal/System Exception i.e. Business Exception - Tag Item (with whatever Business Exception details you want ) -> Mark as Complete:

35465.png

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

harish.m
MVP

HI Alex 

If you want to change from Business Exception to Completed state.  here are the steps I follow but  I don't recommend to move the states in prod 
1) retry the Items you want to  change from business exception to completed state( Either from control room or write the code for that) using Work queue VBO.
2) Before performing the next step  it depends on whether  you just want to change as completed  flag or  you want the bot to complete some work based on that  it mark as completed
a) if it is earlier -   then just  use  the combination of get next Item and Mark completed action in Work Queue VBO.
b) If  BOT need to perform some work  then use  get next item and the code which perform some work like  launching some applications........ then once it complete as expected then mark that item as completed.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]