cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of the target system, dont recognize element anymore

I have a big problem and is struggling me out, hope you can help me we develop a robot in a system that is about to change. It supose that change just a Textbox, right now i have access to the  new system and see how our robot work with the elements. For the new system i just change the texbox which didnt represent difficult to change some attributes, but when i run the process to see how it works,  it failed! I find that the windows that are inside of the system have a class that is different than the system that is in production appearently nothing change, but in the back end it did. I tried to change and test different combination of atributes and use the new class but again, didnt work, the only solution that work was spy again every element that was affect by the change. Is there any step that im missing? or a better way to solve this? i dont want to spy again every single element, but if is no other solution, i think i should do the long way
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14
Is this a desktop application? And are you sure you studied the difference in the element attributes carefully? Consider getting another person's eyes on it or take screenshots and put them in a Word doc attached here and we can provide some suggestions. The attributes can be very tricky. It could be a very small difference. I don't have any specific suggestions right now because I don't know anything about the app. You said 'system' so it makes me think it's not a web app.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA