cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click the Link in Outlook Email.

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi there,

I've got this Outlook email with a link inside, and I'm not sure how to click and open it in Microsoft Edge. Can you walk me through the steps to click on the link? Thank you.

Below is an example of the email, with the link to economist.com

13066.png

------------------------------
Mia Mikela
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Use the Outlook VBO to get the message HTML and extract the URL. Then either launch Edge using the URL, or attach and use the Navigate action to go to the URL.

John Carter
Blue Prism

faheemsd
Level 6

Dear Mia,

You can achieve this by using the following approach. 

1. Retrieve the Outlook email:

Use the "Get Emails" action to fetch the email containing the link. You can filter the emails based on criteria such as subject or sender.

2. Extract the link:

Once you have the email, use string manipulation or Regular Expressions to extract the link from the email body. You may need to use the "Utility - String Manipulation" VBO for this purpose.

3. Open Microsoft Edge:

Use the "Launch Application" action to open Microsoft Edge. Provide the path to the Edge executable file as the application path.

4. Navigate to the link:

Use the "Navigate" action from the "Internet Explorer" VBO to pass the extracted link as a parameter and navigate to it in Microsoft Edge.

SYED FAHEEM
RPA Developer
Arab Financial Services
Manama

KodiSrihari
Level 8

Hi Mikela,

We use the Outlook VBO as mentioned by John and get the URL that will be stored in a collection. And Utilize the URL Wherever required.

Srihari
RPA Developer