cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Room Available process-Locked state.

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hello community,

I have a Process whose scheduler has been missed , i want to run the process manually by drag and drop on to resource. But it is not working because the Process is in "locked state", please find snip attached for reference .

11945.png

How to overcome in this situations.

Thanks ,
Srihari

------------------------------
Srihari
RPA Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sri Hari,

The locked state of the process usually comes into the picture if the process instance has been was locked for editing by someone on the BP server in process studio. The lock will not be removed until the user release the process or someone force unlock the process/object. You can try to check in the studio if the process is locked by any user and then ask the user to double click on the process and then close it safely. It will unlock the process.

However, the strange thing is that even if your process is locked then also it does not affects the session executions in the Control Room. You can see here that I was able to run the process even when it was locked in the Process Studio:

11937.png

Can you tell us exactly what error are you getting while trying to run the process

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @KodiSrihari

Did you try opening the Process and unlock ​it.

When you open the Process, you will see this pop up:

11934.png
Click on next, and then select the option to recover that you wish:

11935.png
Then save the process and try it again.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi Sri Hari,

The locked state of the process usually comes into the picture if the process instance has been was locked for editing by someone on the BP server in process studio. The lock will not be removed until the user release the process or someone force unlock the process/object. You can try to check in the studio if the process is locked by any user and then ask the user to double click on the process and then close it safely. It will unlock the process.

However, the strange thing is that even if your process is locked then also it does not affects the session executions in the Control Room. You can see here that I was able to run the process even when it was locked in the Process Studio:

11937.png

Can you tell us exactly what error are you getting while trying to run the process

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Exactly @devneetmohanty07.

I too tried the same. Lock on the process does not cause the session to not trigger.

There must be something else that caused the scheduler to not trigger the session.​

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi @PabloSarabia @devneetmohanty07 ,

Thanks for your quick reply , the issue has been sorted and now am able to manually start the process.

Thanks ,

Srihari​​

Srihari
RPA Developer

Yes @Tejaskumar_Darji  @devneetmohanty07,

There is an issue with resource , even it was in connected state while triggering it showed a pop up like Resource not added.

But after some time as i started the process it worked even in Locked.

Thanks,
Srihari
​​

Srihari
RPA Developer