cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Folders and moving files to Microsoft Team

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi there,

I have a question related to Microsoft Team. Can you guys please help me with these 2 questions:

1/ I need to use Blue Prism to create a folder in Microsoft Team (I think it's SharePoint).  

2/ How can I use Blue Prism to move files to the folder (I mean the SharePoint folder I ask in Q1)

Can you please show me the steps, and what utility I should use?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Mia Mikela

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

There are some vbos that allow you to perform the operations described, I left the link below to another article that suggests some of them:

https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/microsoft-sharepoint-graph-api

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

AbhisekhMukherj
Level 4

Hi @Mia Mikela

If you can use GRAPH API - that's most recommended. If not - below are the steps.

1. If it's SharePoint - try to sync that folder to your local and you can use Utility-File Management VBO to create a folder just like you do in local.
    1. 22019.png
    2. Sync Steps (incase required): Sync SharePoint files and folders - Microsoft Support
  2.  You can use the same VBO to Copy folders to required destination folders. Once you Sync up the SharePoint folder - you can access it via File Explorer. So, get the path of SharePoint from file Explorer where you want to move the folder/s & then Copy the directory using COPY Directory action. I didn't find MOVE directory action hence suggesting Copy Directory. Once you done copying (check the success flag) then you can delete the Local Folder which logically looked as MOVE operation. 
    22020.png

Let me know if you are facing any issue or looking for different solution. 

Abhisekh Mukherjee