cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB servers are migrating, what all things should I be careful of?

VaishnaviJoshi
Level 2

Hello All,

We are migrating our DB and our VDIs to a different IP.

What are the things that are to be taken care of?
Is there any guidance document?

I also wanted to know, post migration, after I change the DB settings, do I have to update anything in control for schedules?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @VaishnaviJoshi - how are you getting on with the migration? Did you find the help you were looking for?

I'm linking you to the Blue Prism Infrastructure Reference guide which may contain useful information (this link is for version 7.2 but you can select your version at the top). I'm also bumping your question to the top of the board to see if any members who've migrated their DBs are around to assist. 

Let me know if you still need help!

Michael

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Vaishnavi,

From a Blue Prism product perspective, moving from one database server to another is transparent. The standard process is to clone the database to the new server or use a database backup (see this KB for more information). The primary requirements are in the "Infrastructure Reference Guide" documentation in the database section, linked by Michael in the post above.

After that point, change the connection details in your Blue Prism Server to the new SQL Server and the correct database name -- more information regarding the connections can be found in our documentation here (also for 7.2 but can change to your version of Blue Prism in the dropdown menu). 

If you run into any issues during this migration, please feel free to open a ticket with us in Product Support and we'll be able to assist.