cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.1.0 - Objects will be missing

MikkoRahikainen
Level 4
Hello,

We have certain business objects which has been originally made with 6.x -version and they are performing just fine in 7.0.1. environment. 

We started to deploy 7.1.0 Blue prism update, but we encountered following issue: After a database update, handful of objects is returning error "Invalid object". We have checked following:

- Object is not retired or deleted
- Actions are published
- Object has not been moved or renamed 
- Object is not restricted.

23031.png
We have re-generated this issue in different scenarios:
- Creating SQLExpress DB (Blue Prism version 7.0.1.) and importing our objects & Processes. After updating DB to correspond 7.1.0 -> Objects are missing
- Copying our Azure SQL DB. Updating DB to 7.1.0 -> Objects are missing. (Tried this with SQL Script and by using "Update Database" button from Blueprism UI. We are performing the DB update with admin privileges. 

When making "Save As" to the object. New object can be found.  When process is linked to use the new named business object and it is saved and closed. The process does not find the actions anymore. Claiming "invalid object".

The funny things is that object is visible from Studio and it can be modified.

The funniest thing is that certain process is using 6 times that business object. However, only 2 errors are mentioned in errors -section:
23032.png
Any help to overcome this issue will be highly appreciated!  - We have no intention to regenerate all the missing business objects...

------------------------------
Mikko Rahikainen
RPA Manager
S-Group
Europe/Helsinki
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Mikko Rahikainen,

There is a bug in 7.1 related to the use of certain character in the description box of actions. I believe the character is "{". If you remove that character from the action description on impacted VBOs, they will function normally.

My understanding is that a fix is slated for 7.2.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Mikko Rahikainen,

There is a bug in 7.1 related to the use of certain character in the description box of actions. I believe the character is "{". If you remove that character from the action description on impacted VBOs, they will function normally.

My understanding is that a fix is slated for 7.2.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

You are my hero! We indeed had "{" and "}" characters in description fields. By removing these characters, objects are now visible. 

We discussed with BP Support for days regarding this. You responded in minutes. I owe you a pint! 

Cheers, 

Mikko Rahikainen
RPA Manager
S-Group
Europe/Helsinki

@Mikko Rahikainen,

In Support's defense, this is a fairly new bug. It was just identified a week or so ago. The only reason I knew about is because I ran into and then harassed some of the product engineers. 😁

Glad to hear you're sorted.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson