cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies between MS Outlook and Edge Browser Extension

MarcelloL_Abbat
Level 2

Hi there!

Is there any known dependency between MS Outlook and the Edge Browser Extension?

I am asking because we are facing the following issue in BP 6.10.2:

When we run a process on a fresh started bot resource accessing both Edge and Outlook everything seems to be fine and working. But if we restart the same process on the same resource (after having closed down both applications) we get exceptions such as the "Browser Extension was not detected" as well as "Failed to identify unique Outlook Process". The only possible workaround is then to restart the bot, which is time consuming and not always feasible.

Running the same process with Outlook turned off produces no exceptions even if run several times.

Do you have any Ideas why this happens?

Thanks in advance

Marcello

------------------------------
Marcello L'Abbate
Technical Information Security Officer
Deutsche Bank Investment Services
Europe/Berlin
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Marcello L'Abbate,

I was using the same BP version 6.10.2  indicated I never encountered issue with Outlook but in terms of edge browser extension,

I would suggest  to check below Knowledge base article and also add recovery logic indicated below..

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076733-bpe-error-the-browser-extension-was-not-detected-when-attempting-to-launch-a-browser-based-chrome-

it  would be better  to add additional recovery logic  if this type of exception happen then just close the browser and wait for few seconds and launch the application again .

Retry Logic should be some thing like this:
 1) Recovery Stage
2) Decision stage: If decision stage indicating some thing like "Browser extension was not detected" then  go to step 3 else throw exception
3)Retry condition( Based on how many retry you are intended to retry if it reaches max retry then throw exception else go to step4
4) Resume stage
5) Kill process( all the application using in the process)
6) Sleep 5S ( It varies based on the VM and other factors)

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish,

thanks for your answer. You suggest a  generic approach for a very specific problem which occurs after the process is completed and during an additional run. Recovery and Resume is already implemented but it doesn't work unfortunately.

Regards

Marcello

Marcello L'Abbate
Technical Information Security Officer
Deutsche Bank Investment Services
Europe/Berlin