cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Excel File from Sharepoint

SrujanaKoilakon
Level 2

Hello,

I'm looking for assistance with downloading an Excel file from SharePoint using APIs. I have successfully generated the necessary credentials, including an access token. However, when I use the provided method to retrieve the file content, the response in Postman is a 200 OK, but it appears to be encoded in Unicode. Consequently, I am unable to read the content from the response.

Here is the example API endpoint and headers I'm using: Endpoint: GET https://{site_url}/_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('/Folder Name')/Files('{file_name}')/$value Authorization Header: "Bearer " + accessToken

I would greatly appreciate guidance on either extracting the fields from the Excel file or downloading it to a specified network path. Thank you!

------------------------------
Srujana Koilakonda
Junior Configurator
HSBC
Asia/Hong_Kong
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sujana,

There is asset available on the Digital Exchange for Sharepoint that includes action to download files.

Have you already tried using or referred to that?

Microsoft Graph API - Sharepoint

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Srujana,

Please refer the below thread. 

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=8412c079-3d51-404d-9b83-a440d2b61758&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01

Athiban Mahamathi ,
Technical Consultant

Thank you @shashank.kumar280 & @Athiban Mahamathi Mathialagan for the response. 

I'm able to get desired outcome now. Appreciate your help. 

Srujana Koilakonda
Junior Configurator
HSBC
Asia/Hong_Kong