cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element spying through BP does not work in the navigate stage

mmostaquim
Level 2
Hello,
I have a problem with website automation. In one option of the website, I have to click on the "Plus" button to upload a file. Blue Prism spy mode can identify the button. But when I try to automate with the "Navigate" stage and with the "Click" option, it does not work.

To validate the Xpath of the website, I tried the same process with Power Automate Desktop. It worked perfectly. It makes sure that there is no issue with the Xpath. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hello @mmostaquim,

It sounds like you're encountering a common issue with website automation. Sometimes, despite being able to identify elements in spy mode, Blue Prism Web Browser may struggle to interact with them using the "Navigate" stage and the "Click" option.

I've experienced similar situations before, and it's possible that the issue lies in the way the website was constructed. One alternative method to overcome this challenge is to try mapping the element using either the UIA Mode or the Accessibility Mode in Blue Prism. These modes can sometimes provide a more reliable way to interact with elements on the webpage.

To enable Accessibility Automation mode, you can add the following command after the website URL in the launch stage (if the URL is being parameterized) or in the Application Wizard: "--force-renderer-accessibility".

If you open Chrome and in the URL go to chrome://accessibility it'll open another page with the accessibility settings. The "--force-renderer-accessibility" string turns on most if not all of the Accessibility Modes in that tab. I believe this will help you Accessibility Technical Documentation - The Chromium Projects

Give this approach a try and see if it resolves the issue for you. If you continue to encounter difficulties, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you further.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer."

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @mmostaquim,

It sounds like you're encountering a common issue with website automation. Sometimes, despite being able to identify elements in spy mode, Blue Prism Web Browser may struggle to interact with them using the "Navigate" stage and the "Click" option.

I've experienced similar situations before, and it's possible that the issue lies in the way the website was constructed. One alternative method to overcome this challenge is to try mapping the element using either the UIA Mode or the Accessibility Mode in Blue Prism. These modes can sometimes provide a more reliable way to interact with elements on the webpage.

To enable Accessibility Automation mode, you can add the following command after the website URL in the launch stage (if the URL is being parameterized) or in the Application Wizard: "--force-renderer-accessibility".

If you open Chrome and in the URL go to chrome://accessibility it'll open another page with the accessibility settings. The "--force-renderer-accessibility" string turns on most if not all of the Accessibility Modes in that tab. I believe this will help you Accessibility Technical Documentation - The Chromium Projects

Give this approach a try and see if it resolves the issue for you. If you continue to encounter difficulties, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you further.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

mmostaquim
Level 2

Hi @wagnervasconceloos,

Thank you for the information. I tried with UI Automation. It worked for me.

Hi @mmostaquim