cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Business Object is not available .... Please visit System Manager ...

AndreKöpplin
Level 5

Hello Community

I need your help, since yesterday all of our Automations are terminated due to the below or similar Error:

"Internal : The Business Object Queue Reports is not available. Please visit System Manager to check that this Object is installed and that it has not been disabled."

If I open BP and look in the Studio view for the BO, I can see the affected BOs, but if I open any process and then want to add an BO to an action the BO isn't available and by existing actions with this BO, I see at first "Missing Object" in the Action and afterwards "No Permissions".

Could someone give me an hint, what could be the cause of this issue? Additional note, the Blue Prism application is very slow, it takes more then 15 Minutes to open one Process.

Thanks and best regards
Andre

------------------------------
Andre Koepplin
Senior Business Process Analyst
Europe/Wroclaw
8 REPLIES 8

pors924s
Level 3
Hi,

Did you ever figure out this issue? I have the same error but not the slow application response.

Thank you,

Andrew Castillo

Andrew Castillo

Hi,

The solution for my team was a simple restart of the runtime resource. Apparently the RR was maxing out the memory, which was most likely the cause of the issue, just something to keep in mind.

Andrew Castillo

DaveMorris
Level 14
Maybe check the audit logs to see if someone changed the permissions associated with the process/object folders or components (Multi-Team Environments feature).

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

BillyMarsh
Level 3

We had this issue in the past and still occasionally see it in the Control Room. We have seen this occur at the beginning of a process where the objects were missing. We have also seen this occur midway through a process that is running just fine until a certain point. Couple things we found out: BP has issues when Object/Processes supersede 750. We had well over that based on our maturity. Machine recommendation from BP are the minimal amount (4GB Memory) and (80GB Disk Space). Folder Structure can affect performance too. BP recommends having no more than 2 folder depths for Objects and Processes. They really want to see zero. The more folder depths you have ​can cause a decrease in performance such as a process taking 5+ minutes to open and potentially missing object while running a process in the CR.

We removed the folder depths to only 2, increased our Runtimes to 8GB Memory and 108 Disk Space, archived inactive objects/processes, and moved our auto-achieving from 60 days to 14 days.

After completing all of these steps, we seen a significant drop in issues. We only see this occasionally now. These steps did not fix it completely and we are still investigating.

Billy Marsh
Delivery Lead
Computershare
America/Denver

Walter.Koller
Level 11
We are working with BP v6.4 since more than one year but this error showed up the first time yesterday.
We didn't change the process (which was running fine until then) nor the used VBO, it just happened at some point and kept happening until then when executing one particular process on one particular machine. The only other process executed on this machine was Login, which worked without any issues.
It was really only this process on this machine.

We have 350+ processes and ~450 VBO and folder depth of 1-2 levels. This process & its VBO are in one sub-folder of a folder.
Our HW resources are below recommendation (VM has enough memory but we are running several BP instances).

Today a logoff & logon on the runtime resource resolved the issue and the process runs fine again.

Is folder depth still a possible cause of problems in v6.6?

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

​Do you have your resources on a scheduled reboot every night? We initially did not but scheduled them shortly after our 2nd wave. We found this to be beneficial and cleared most issues. Our missing object reference occurs across various machines. BP did suggest splitting the environments into teams to shrink the number of objects / processes available per env. I believe that is available in 6.6. We are currently on 6.4. We have not tried that but are working with our server team to split the DB into two environments. We are also asking for a dedicated server for BP. BP recommended this as other applications can cause network issues while BP is running. BP reviewed our server and highly recommended this.

Billy Marsh
Delivery Lead
Computershare
America/Denver

Hi,

I have the same problem. When you say folder depth to 2, Does the main group folder: "Objects" is also counted as 1 level? Could you please let us know

Naga chukkapalli

Hello - Although this thread is old but posting here as my problem is same.

We are also facing this issue . on random days on random VBO.
Neither we are having deep folder structure nor we are overwriting the object where this issue is coming.
neither there are less memory assigned.
Using BP 7.0.0

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect