cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Could not connect to XXX. The server has rejected the client credentials.

Hello, 

I have been getting this error randomly when I cannot connect to blue prism server. I have been trying to resolve this issue with our admin but we do not know what is the cause. Other colleagues do not have this problem at all and we have the same access set up. Nothing helps and I have restarted my computer plenty of times. 

This happens once in a while when I am not able to work all day due to this issue. However, usually when I try to log on after a longer period of inactivity 2+ days I also get this error. But it okay after about 15 minutes when I wait turn off and turn on blue prism again. 

Could you please advise? 

Thanks! 
-----------------
Error: Could not connect to 'TEST'.

The server has rejected the client credentials.

System.Security.Authentication.InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartReceiveBlob(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextSend(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartReceiveBlob(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, ChannelBinding binding, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateAuthenticatedStream(Stream netStream, String machinePortAndSid)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, SocketCache socketCache, String machinePortAndSid)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, String machineAndPort)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ServerFactory.CurrentConnectionValid()
at AutomateUI.frmApplication.ak(Boolean reload, Boolean initConnection)
1 REPLY 1

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Eliška,

As you state this scenario/error message is intermittent in nature, we have seen in the past that this can be caused by a network communication blockage. Steps to help determine the cause of this are outlined in our Knowledge Base article, "How do I fix "The server has rejected the client credentials" error when configuring a Connection?".