cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while entering User Id and Password.

Pranav
Level 3

I have spied the the login text box like user name and password; when I run the application it enters the user name and password that I have specified in the data items correctly and then click on LOGIN button; but website throws that -please enter username - please enter password So, I feel that website didnt really recognize the text that BP entered in both fields thus it thrwos the error; any idea what else can be done here?

I have a wait stage as well 1. Launch website 2. Wait 3. Write stage to username & pwd 4. wait stage 5. click on LOGIN button.

on step#3 I tried before that focus/centre click or double as well before writing the text into the textbox it worked but when I am running it through a bot it is not able to login.

------------------------------
Pranav Khullar
SE
Asia/Kolkata
1 REPLY 1

MatthewYoung
Level 3
Are you using Chrome to navigate/spy for your website?

Some modern web applications don't register Write stages as having actually populated the field.

When you perform the "focus/centre click or double" does it place the cursor into the text field? If so, you may be able to utilize "Global Send Keys" or a "Global Send Key Event" within a Navigate Stage; specifying your login/password in the "Text" parameter.

Matthew Young
Analyst- Robotic Process Automation
CarMax
America/New_York