cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while spying: "No window found for process with PID: xxxx"

CarolinaSoeiro
Level 3
Good morning everybody,

I'm trying to use UI Automation to spy the search bar (or adress bar), however it throws me a strange error. No window found for process with PID: (and a bunch of numbers)

Can someone explain why this error throws?

------------------------------
Carolina Soeiro
5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Carolina Soeiro,

Which browser are you trying to spy? Have you installed the Blue Prism extension for that browser? What version of Blue Prism are you using?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson

I'm experiencing this same problem. In UI Navigation Mode I had successfully spied some elements on a webpage and when I run the process today I get this same error message and code. As far as I know, there was no update to the webpage itself.

​I'm using Blue Prism 6.5.1 and Chrome 106.0.5249.119.

I am currently refactoring some code and breaking up the object into smaller ones - I'm not sure if attaching has something to do with it? I had to change the title page because the object wasn't attaching (sorry if this is a red herring, I couldn't even find what a PID error is).

Gracie Devine

@ewilson

Never mind, I changed the title of the page to be a wildcard in application modeller and that seems to have solved both the attach and PID issues. Just for my own edification though... what's a PID?​

Gracie Devine

Hi @GracieDevine1,

PID = Process ID or Process Identifier​. Basically every process running on windows has an identifier associated with that the operating systems uses to keep track of things.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Gracie,

Here's more about the PID:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/finding-the-process-id

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)