cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Macro on Multiple Machines

JarrettShull
Level 2
I would like to leverage an Excel macro in an advanced automation that will be accessed by multiple Blue Prism robots.  Is there a method to 

share personal excel macro workbooks between users and machines via network drives in a blue prism context?  Thank you in advance for any help!

------------------------------
Jarrett Shull
3 REPLIES 3

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can keep the file on Network Drive and implement Environment lock in your code to access it so no two bots access it at same time.

But I would recommend you to keep the macro file in local folder like C:\Macro and reference it via Environment variable. You can also write logic at the beginning of process to copy file from network drive to local folder whenever the Macro is updated.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Jarrett,

We have an extended version of the Excel VBO which allows you to run a macro from the runtime resource (robot). From there, you can either acquire an environment lock on the file to make sure only one robot accesses the file at the time if that is what you want or you can make copies of the file from a template file that contains your macro each time you need an instance to run. 

I am attaching the VBO here. Hope that helps!

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Senior Product Consultant
Austin, Texas
Jorge Barajas Blue Prism Senior Product Consultant Austin, Texas

Thank you both for the help!

Jarrett Shull