cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception : Failed to paste from clipboard: PasteSpecial method of Range class failed

KumariYadav1
Level 5
Hi All, Please help me out with this query.
I am using Vlookup formula for one of the column in Excel. I am sharing the flow of the process, I am using Vlookup formula in set cell value.
So the issue is ,Occasionally i am getting error at paste action, but sometimes its running fine So I am not getting the things when exactly its throwing error.
Second thing the column in which i am applying this process, there is already data present ,So it should override that thing ,I checked that it was overridng and running fine but now this issue is coming . At the paste action I am getting Popup like 19542.png
But still i am not sure why is this happening because sometimes its running fine and sometimes getting this issue. Please hep me with this.
19543.png

------------------------------
Kumari Yadav
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @Kumari Yadav,

When you say the values will be getting added time to time then we can easily calculate the no of rows of the sheet and perform "Copy and Paste Worksheet range" action. And also, if there are any existing values, then why can't we select them all and perform clear contents from blue prism?

It will solve the problem of overriding​. Please let me know if it doesn't work and we can connect over it to resolve the issue.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

KumariYadav1
Level 5
Can any check this please

Kumari Yadav

Hi @Kumari Yadav,

I am assuming that you are trying to paste the formula from one cell to the remaining cells?
If that's correct, then you can use the action "Copy and Paste Worksheet Range" of MS Excel VBO to perform the task.​

Hope it helps

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

EugeneScott
Level 2

Yes you are assuming right. But i was not using copy paste range because i dont have the range value , actually the values will be getting added time to time and every time we have to do this process thatswhy.
According to you we should not be pasting the value there in remaining cell if the cell has already values present, I mean we should not be trying to override. Is it?
Am I right?
I dont know why sometimes fine and sometimes giving error.

Kumari Yadav

Hi Scott, 
Actually i have already checked the first link so in that he is using the same thing Set cell value and i have also used the same but getting error .
So I have already mentioned in the query ,the popup I am getting ,so my concern is that is there problem with overriding or what because I am not getting this error always , thatswhy i am not getting surity  that what is the exact reason behind this.

Kumari Yadav

Hi Ritansh, Can you have a look on it?

Kumari Yadav

Hi @Kumari Yadav,

When you say the values will be getting added time to time then we can easily calculate the no of rows of the sheet and perform "Copy and Paste Worksheet range" action. And also, if there are any existing values, then why can't we select them all and perform clear contents from blue prism?

It will solve the problem of overriding​. Please let me know if it doesn't work and we can connect over it to resolve the issue.

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

Hi Ritansh thanks for your response.
yes this query has been resolved, and yes for this i am using the same thing what you have suggested (Copy paste range) and before using this I am just deleting the column values (clearing content which is already present) and its working fine now. Hope it should not create any issue now.
Thanks for Your response

Kumari Yadav

Hi @Kumari Yadav,

Glad to hear that the approach worked. :)​​

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon